APRIL SHOWERS Can Cause Mold
We all know that April showers bring May flowers, but what you might not know is that often with rain comes mold. More than 80 types of mold are associated with lung, nose, and throat problems, according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. This can lead to the development of asthma.
Mold thrives in humid indoor and outdoor environments. The air can be full of it during the spring, summer, and fall months in regions that receive an inch or more of rain a week. In the south where it’s warm and humid enough for mold to live all year long, it can be a constant nuisance.
The good news is that you can reduce your exposure with a few simple steps:
- Make sure exhaust fans are vented correctly and in good working condition.
- Properly install and maintain rain gutters.
- Ensure grading around the foundation slopes away from your home.
- Reduce the number of indoor house plants.
- Add a dedicated Ultra-Aire whole house ventilating dehumidifier.
Ultra-Aire whole house ventilating dehumidifiers help prevent mold by controlling humidity throughout the home, creating a comfortable and healthy environment for you and your family. Each unit includes high efficiency MERV-13 air filtration that removes mold spores, allergens and other indoor pollutants.
Wondering which Ultra-Aire dehumidifier is best for your home, visit the Ultra-Aire Indoor Air Quality Solution Center.