WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AFTER A CATASTROPHIC STORM
Important Safety precautions
To help get your home’s RH level back to normal after a hurricane or other water-related events, be sure to follow these important safety measures before using your Santa Fe or Santa Fe dehumidifier.
- Do not operate in standing water or place the unit near open water. If used near a water source; be certain there is no chance the unit can fall into the water or get splashed and that it is plugged into a dedicated 15 amp circuit and Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) protected outlet.
- Check your air filter to ensure it does not need to be changed – it should be white. When it turns a darker gray color it should be changed. Check and/or change the filter every 3-6 months.
- Clean the drain line with bleach water, vinegar or Lysol cleaner to remove any buildup of algae that could cause the unit to backup.
- Check to see if anything is blocking the return/intake or supply/discharge of the dehumidifier.
- Be sure the unit is draining properly. A drain trap may be required depending on the model you have.