Control Humidity and Protect Your Home
Controlling humidity is one of the most important steps you can take in protecting your home, ensuring your comfort, and safeguarding your family’s health.
Effects of Moisture on Your Health
There are many sources that can cause moisture in your home, including:
- Plumbing, flashing, and roof leaks
- Damp basements and crawl spaces
- Cooking, showering, and indoor line drying of clothes
- Improperly vented combustion appliances and clothes dryers
- Flooding and sewer backups
- Poorly maintained gutters, downspouts and drains
- Landscaping and plants that block crawl space vents and drainage systems
Effects of Moisture on Your Home
Mold, bacteria, insects, and dust mites have been linked to triggering allergies and asthma attacks and may even cause children who do not have allergies or asthma to develop either condition. Exposure can cause coughing, sneezing, wheezing, upper respiratory irritation and asthma symptoms.
Commercial grade Santa Fe high-efficiency dehumidifiers are designed to consistently maintain 60% or less RH in crawlspaces and basements.