DEHUMIDIFIERS THAT PROTECT YOUR HOME AND HEALTH.
Where Humidity Thrives
Home is where the heart is. And unfortunately, it’s often where the humidity is too. Ensuring a comfortable home and safeguarding your family’s health begins with a durable and reliable Santa Fe or Ultra Aire by Santa Fe dehumidifier.
Mold growth can lead to costly remediation projects that may not be covered by homeowner insurance policies. Excess moisture in the home can cause damage to wood floors, furniture, artwork, electronics and the overall structure of the home.
We offer a full line of high-capacity and energy-efficient free-standing and whole home units designed and manufactured for any area in your home that requires unmatched humidity control.
MAKE YOUR entire home comfortable.
By working side-by-side with your current HVAC system, our whole home dehumidification system, Ultra Aire by Santa Fe, will improve the moisture levels throughout your entire home. You’ll feel the difference.
The purpose of ventilating a home is to maintain a healthy and safe living environment.
- The reason for the buildup of indoor pollution in today’s homes is a direct result of our efforts to conserve energy and save money. As the techniques and materials used to insulate and seal our homes has improved, the result is stale and polluted air trapped inside.
- Fresh air supply ventilation systems, such as an Ultra Aire Whole House Ventilating Dehumidifier, allow improved control and treatment of the air that enters the house. By slightly pressurizing the house, these systems minimize outdoor pollutants in the living space and reduce the potential for backdrafting of combustion gases from fireplaces and appliances.
- Ultra Aire Whole House Ventilating Dehumidifiers filter and dehumidify outdoor air before introducing it to your home.
MOISTURE. IT’S THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM HOMEOWNERS FACE IN THEIR BASEMENTS.
Sometimes it enters because of factors outside the home, and other times it’s produced by what’s going on inside. Whatever the case may be, if it remains unchecked, problems such as pest infestation, wood rot, mold growth and poor air quality may arise. After all, 50% of the air in your home’s upper levels originates from its lower levels.
HOW MOISTURE ENTERS A BASEMENT
- The soil around perimeter walls can contain large amounts of moisture from a high water table or surface water that seeps through.
- Water can find its way inside by gravity or through a crack or flaw in the water protection layer of the foundation.
- Water can also be pulled up by a “wicking action” or pushed up by hydrostatic pressure from the soil under the walls or floor.
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE AIR IN YOUR CRAWL SPACE IS ALSO IN YOUR LIVING SPACE?
Excess moisture, introduced by way of unsealed, vented crawl spaces, contributes to wood rot, mold growth, poor air quality and increased pest activity, including infestation and colonization. Moisture in crawl spaces often migrates to the upper levels of the home through a “stack effect.” In essence, whatever air is below the house is also inside the house. As warm air rises and escapes through the upper levels of the home, new air finds its way into the home to replace what’s been lost. Intake air comes in at the lower levels — through unsealed crawl spaces.
CRAWL SPACE FACTS
- According to a study by Advanced Energy, homeowners can expect to reduce their energy bills by as much as 15–18% by sealing off their crawl space. Advanced Energy also determined that homes with vented crawl spaces were 19 times more likely to experience relative humidity levels in excess of 70% than homes with encapsulated crawl spaces.
- As much as 50% of the air in a home’s living space originates from the crawl space.
- Most pests are attracted to moist environments. As a result, moisture control is an important part of any fully integrated pest management system.
MOISTURE DOESN’T JUST CAUSE PROBLEMS IN YOUR HOME.
Garage spaces that are not connected to the house’s HVAC system are very susceptible to moisture, which creates rusting and mold.
THE CHALLENGES OF CLIMATE CONTROL IN GARAGES
- Often garages are not heated or insulated. This makes selecting the proper solution even more crucial. Santa Fe dehumidifiers are designed for low and high temperature operation. Most Santa Fe dehumidifiers can run at temperatures as low as 49 F and as high as 95 F.
MAKE YOUR ADDED SPACE LIVABLE.
Whether it’s a family or theater room, or extra storage, spaces utilized for multiple purposes are susceptible to humidity. Whether you have a garage that doubles as your workshop or your exercise equipment sits next to your home theater, you need to protect your investment.
CONTROL ISSUES WITH A SANTA FE
- Excessive moisture and expensive electronics don’t mix. High humidity can affect sound quality and diminish the overall theater experience.
- Remodeling an area such as a family, game or bonus room adds extra finished space to enjoy. If the area is musty or cold and damp, it won’t feel comfortable like the rest of your home.
KEEPING YOUR HUMIDITY LEVEL STABLE DURING A PROJECT IS KEY.
High humidity levels in a workshop can damage expensive tools and wood. Whether you’re fixing a broken frame or building a family heirloom-protect your project.
HOW HUMIDITY AFFECTS YOUR WORKSHOP
- The length of time it takes for glues, paint or stains to dry can be altered by high levels of humidity.
- Shrinking and swelling can occur in wood as moisture content changes as humidity levels fluctuate.
NOT CONTROLLING HUMIDITY CAN IMPACT THE INNER WORKINGS OF YOUR INVESTMENT.
Keeping your collection functional, or preserved, requires proper maintenance. Not controlling humidity can negate proper cleaning and other care measures, and degrade the condition of your firearms.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CONSIDER IN YOUR GUN ROOM
- Critical parts like the barrel, springs and other inner component are all very susceptible to humidity. Moisture can rust and corrode finishes, which could compromise the firearm.
MOISTURE CAN BE YOUR ENEMY IN THE EXERCISE ROOM.
When you’re working out, your body produces perspiration. When perspiration evaporates, it creates moisture that contributes to higher humidity levels that can damage expensive fitness equipment.
HOW A SANTA FE CAN COMBAT YOUR WORKOUT FOES
- Prevent odor buildup in your exercise room by controlling moisture levels.
- Increase the comfort of your workout and the quality of the air you breathe through climate control and air filtration.